Pages

National Photography Awards 2012

Well still in a state of shock!! Jane & I have just returned from the MPA National Photography Awards, a fantastic, glitzy affair which attracts all the big names in our industry and this year was held at the Hilton Hotel in Newcastle. I had the honour of being shortlisted in a few categories & was also to receive officially my Associate certificate of the Master Photographers association what I didn’t expect was not only to win the Regional award for 3 of my images from 1 wedding but then to be announced as the Overall UK Winner of this prestigious wedding photography award. The 3 from 1 (as its affectionately know) pits a photographers best 3 images from 1 wedding taken before, during and after the ceremony and is competed for by photographers from all over the UK & Ireland. The champagne had only just been opened when I was then awarded the Award for Best UK Adult Portrait for my image of Laurence (below)who for you cult film buffs will recognise as Martin, the star of the Human Centipede 2 & this was a screen shot we shot for him.
Well to say I was delighted is an understatement but our evening wasn’t over yet I then received an Award of Excellence for one of my wedding Images & the highlight of the whole evening was to be awarded UK Wedding Album of the Year… YES UK Wedding Album of the Year!!! WOW what an honour as this is what our work is about, not one image, but the story, the design & the impact that only a wedding album can give. I am still totally on a high to have received this national recognition & awards for our Wedding & Portrait Photography and for one of our albums at one of the biggest and most prestigious award ceremonies for Professional Photography with hundred of photographers entering from all over the UK & Ireland still leaves me speechless…. Not a word you normally hear from me.

No comments: