Pages

Image Of The Week

This weeks image was shot at our recent wedding of Graham & Katie at the glorious Hillbark Hotel on the Wirral. Even though this is a beautiful timeless image you have to know the story to fully appreciate the image. The ‘girls’ were getting ready in connecting rooms so I was darting between both rooms getting the images. The bridesmaids room was a little chaotic with makeup, hair, fastening of dresses & shoes, but in the brides room there was just peace & calm (even though Katie probably wont admit it).
Katie’s mum was giving the bride away and I just popped my head around the door and from across the room saw a beautiful image, a mother & daughter at their proudest in a really touching & special moment. The day was bright sunshine & torrential rain & wind but just at that moment the sun flooded the room creating a halo around their heads, Katie turned her head with the slightest of smiles and with thirds in mind I shot the image.
This is probably my fave image of many fave images we shot at this wedding, but its just the simplicity of this image & gives me a warm feeling every time I see it.
I shot this at 800iso to achieve a film like grain to the image with my 70-200L 2.8 lens & its full frame not cropped, that’s one of the things I love about this lens the ability to get me close enough to tell the story but far enough that I’m not there.

Canon D5mkii / 800iso / 70-200L 2.8 / 100th @f.2.8

1 comment:

Bridesmaid no. 2! said...

Gorgeous picture, perfect day! Katie's going to have a hard time picking pictures for the album from this lot!