Pages

Wedding Photography Workshops at Chateau Impney

I started presenting Wedding Photography Workshops at the beginning of the year and it was a huge honour to be asked by the one of the worlds leading camera manufacturers Hasselblad to host a Wedding Workshop in conjunction with Broncolour Lighting,Epson Uk & Eizo Monitors at the stunning Chateau Impney in Worcestershire UK. The day was brilliant with delgates from all over the UK learning how I shoot weddings with my Hasselblad & a few wedding photography tips along the way We woke up to the most glorious day, beautiful sunshine and the day started with a slideshow of how I approach photographing the wedding,what I am looking for on the day & how I achieve the look & images I want. The hands on part of the day started in the Bridal suite with our model Sophie I love to get different effects in camera, one way of softening an image is to shoot through the Brides veil, it gives a 20′s style look & feel to the image Then it was outside into the hot sunshine & enter the Broncolour Move lighting and Jane demonstrating how she throws the veil to get the best look, not to high… not to low The Broncolour Move runs from a battery pack that seemed to last forever and was light & portable, so handy for Weddings and on a sunny day like we had it really lifted the images and gave them a bit of punch The image quality from Hasselblad cameras is phenomenal, the detail & dynaic range of these cameras just blows me away I thought I would give the flash a proper test and see just how powerful it was and as you see below it had no problems… remember this was approx 3pm on the sunniest day of the year & the broncolour wasnt at full power, crazy!!!! I also wanted to show the delegates that you CAN hand hold the Hasselblad camera and use as a dslr style camera and so speeding up the picture taking This was more my usual style of shooting using a reflector held by Jane to the side of Sophie and bouncing the light back into her. Chateau Impneys grounds are vast and a photographers dream so down to the river we went for a different style of image. I wanted something a bit more fairytale,more bohemian so Sophie threw off her shoes & in glorious sunshine walked along the river bank to capture some gorgeous casual images Back inside to the stunning staircase & another aspect of the Broncolour system is the daylight balanced LED Video light solving the problem of low light I love this image & a great photograph to end a fantastic day, back to the room to download our images using the Eizo monitors & then printed out by Epson UK so the delegates could not only see their results but also take them home. A Huge thank you to Hasselblad, Broncolour UK, Epson UK and Eizo Monitors for all their help and the huge contributions they made, to Chateau Impney for their hospitality and importantly a massive Thank You to all the delgates who came to learn how to shoot weddings with Hasselblad cameras, I had such fun and have made so many new friends. A fantastic day & heres to my NEXT Wedding Photography Workshop…. very soon, watch this space. ps…… If anybody is planning their wedding photography at Chateau Impney then please give me a call, would love to shoot a wedding here. Dx

No comments: